May 25, 2020

The Boys Are Back In Town!

Let's just say we never really left town.....

As per our final post in 2013, we moved to a different model & platform. Much design planning had been done on the new venture and it was launched with much fanfare. Alas, after a while the chemistry among the content providers were just not right, and everyone had their own business priorities. A kind soul once warned me against turning a fine hobby in to business, it will not only consume your friendships but also one's love & passion for the hobby as well! A warning in which I had ignored with at my own peril & regret, I might say. The only saving grace is at the time, both Odioslueth & I decided we'd keep this blog as a reference to people who may need the information here and maybe as sign post for lost souls to our new platform.

I took a hifi sabbatical for almost 3 years, to concentrate on other matters, mainly the kind that put food on the table. I did not even have an AV or a hifi system anywhere in my home or car, a feat that seemed un-fathomable in my life time, as the past 40 years oe so, as I've always had hifi & music in my life since primary school days. My only music source was MP3 files shared from friends which contained music mostly from my childhood years, loaded on to my smartphone and a pair of Bose wireless IEMs(In Ear Modules)............ before you cringe, I know it's Bose & I loved it! It represented my anti audiophile sentiment at the time. I was as far away from audiophilia as one could get. Call it my long and extended mid life crisis if you will.

Last year, 2019 was a turning point of sorts, my mid life crisis spiral have receded, I could see dawn again and skies seemed never more blue as the year went on. Recently more than a few work colleagues mentioned that till this day they still use Hifi-Unlimited as a reference of sorts when shopping for used equipment, and even wondered who those 2 guys writing about their hifi was, & why did HiFi-Unlimited stop?

I kept mum...... but eventually the guys came to know me as Big E....... It is much with their repeated encouragement, coupled to a few exchanges with my long time buddy in crime, Odioslueth who was feeling a little detached from the scene, we decided to come back for a 2nd gig!

Not sure what this second journey of ours will read like, but one thing we've figured out for sure..... We have decided to keep out all commercial aspect with this rebirth, and truly keep these pages as a reflection of own thoughts in this passion of ours.

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back guys!

Puchong wong said...

Welcome back guys!

lam seng fatt said...

Congratulations, the hi-fi bug has bitten you guys again. Good to have the two of you back.