August 2, 2009

Living With Bryston. An Alternative Audio Journey, Stage 2.

This is an old post of ours in the blog we previously contributed to.




It's been a little more than a week since the Bryston 4BSST2 power amp came in to my life, replacing my much loved Pass Aleph 0 mono blocks. Last night another addition came in the form of the Bryston C series, BP26 line stage pre amp, replacing my own Pass X-2.5 pre amp.


I know that I have not done my part on the 4BSST2 yet, but things have became slightly more complicated than originally planned. So with a little more time, I should be able to report more accurately on the Bryston combo.


The Bryston BP26 line stage pre amp retails for RM$15.8k and comes in 2 box configuration. The pre amp it self in one box, and the power supply section in another, linked together via a DIN like terminated patch cord supplied.


The build quality of both pre and power amps are fantastic, with very simple styling and industrial like smooth finishing. I just love the idea of the 20 year warranty offered by Bryston! Why can't all other high end audio companies offer this?


Thank you for your patience.


Bryston is sold by AV Designs, contact James Tan, tel: 016-3280237

No comments: