January 1, 2022

Happy New Year 2022!

I seldom do New Years postings these days. As I get older, I don't seem to find much new worthy to write home about. This new year however will be a bit different as I got involved in to a new venture called Gelombang 2022, A Festival of Sight & Sound.

Wilson Teoh, a seasoned event organizer, have been actively campaigning to get this show on the road for the last 18 months or so, mainly thru social media and the On-Off MCO lockdowns didn't helped his cause either. I watched along the side lines with little interest, as I have lost all appetite dealing in the AV industry, that is until one fateful day where our paths crossed at an old friend's place.

Wilson's infectious passion on the subject matter was plain to see, but still I felt un-moved, and will possibly be something forgotten after a while. Then Wilson kept in contact over the period of next few months, running thru some of his plans with me, but still nothing happened. Then in October, when our last MCO lockdown came to an end, Wilson asked me to join him, saying it's now or never!




And thus I had joined the dark side of the force again, as they say. I am delighted to discover that many of my old friends in the industry still welcomed my return. And with that, we moved fast to bring dealers participation on board, and by December 2021, we have sold 85% of the show space in Gelombang! The Gelombang Show is announced ON. It seems there's strong appetite for events in the AV industry and amongst the AV community. 

Wilson has a very different vision of what an AV Fest should be, compared to what local show goers have been experiencing to date. He promises a new show going experience and I am very confident in his abilities to execute his vision as I become a part of this new exciting journey.

The Gelombang 2022 Festival of Sight & Sound will happen over the weekend starting Friday 25th March 2022, at The Melia Hotel Kuala Lumpur. Get ready for a breath of fresh air, in about 3 months time. See ya all there!  

No comments: